How To Transform Your Day With This Morning Trick…
You’re probably reading this thinking we’re talking about some sort of strange morning ritual (and we are kinda), but today I wanted to share with you one simple morning trick I do that sets up my day to be… Awesome!
Would you like to learn what it is? Read on…
Have you heard of Tim Ferriss?
Tim Ferriss is an Entrepreneur and a bit of a fitness nut. He says, “If you win the morning, you win the day”.
Tim has a checklist of five tasks he sets to complete upon waking each morning, and if he ticks three of those five he considers it a morning win, which sets him up for the whole day.
1. Make bed
I have put this to the test for several months now. As expected I came across a few excuses, “I have no time in the morning”, being the star of the show. But perseverance prevailed and I now wake up excited to tick off my own “Morning Sunshine List”. No matter the weather outside, I know if I can tick off the tasks my day will be filled with sunshine and happiness.
Morning Sunshine List
1. Upon opening my eyes, I list three things I am grateful for. Gratitude is one of the most studied topics in present studies surrounding happiness, there is no doubt that practicing gratitude can improve a person’s well-being in many ways. This exercise takes little time but leaves me feeling warm and fuzzy. This exercise allows me to appreciate the small things in life that are often overlooked. This is my version of a happiness journal (although I do write these down later in the day, simply thinking what I am grateful for improves my mood).
2. Make my bed. In a world, full of unforeseeable variables, if my day goes pear shape at least I know I have accomplished one thing- making my bed. When I get home from said pear shaped day and see my beautifully made bed it gives me a sense of achievement and helps me realise that I can get through anything.
Think back to the last time you slept in a hotel. You enter the room, it’s tidy and beautiful, radiating order and clarity. Right away you feel amazing and excited to climb into that pristinely made bed, right? You can recreate this feeling at home and enjoy the benefits.
3. Shakti Combo – 20 minutes of laying on my Shakti mat while meditating. There is no right or wrong way to meditate. Meditation has been scientifically proven to not only decrease depressions symptoms, assist with anxiety and improve your attention span, but also to improve other areas of life where mental discipline is needed. I practise mindfulness while laying on a Shakti mat. Shakti mats use a form of acupressure to relieve pains and aches while increasing circulation is relaxing and brings my awareness to my body which assists with the meditation.
4. Drink a glass of water with lemon juice and activated charcoal. This drink tastes amazing, like homemade lemonade and it wakes me up with all the benefits inside! Activated charcoal works by trapping toxins in the body allowing them to be flushed out of the body and not reabsorbed. It benefits include gas and bloating elimination, helps whiten teeth and is great for rehydration.
5. Exercise. I spend a few minutes moving my body. I alternate between slow yoga moves and strength exercises, depending on how my body is feeling. Moving in the morning helps Enhance Your metabolism, improve mental clarity and wake you up sufficiently to take on the day! It is important to note that this is not a workout it is just a reconnection to the body.
What do you do in the morning to achieve balance and clarity?
If you found this post helpful, share it so we know to produce more content like this!